Implementation of a Philately Scholarship Scheme “Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana” for the year 2023-24
This is regarding launch of a philately scholarship scheme “Deen Dayal Sparsh Yojana” by Hon’ble MoS (I/c) for communication. This scheme was launched on 3.11.2017 at New Delhi. The Department of Posts has decided to process the above Schorlarship Scheme for the year 2023-24. In this regard please find enclosed herewith copy of notification issued by Ministry of Communication giving details of above scheme.
The detail of the scheme is as below:
- Candidate must be a student of a recognized school within India
- Students must be from standard VI, VII, VIII & IX.
- Philately Deposit Account or membership of School Philately Club is mandatory.
- The candidate must have good academic record. At the time of selection for award of scholarship the candidate must have scored at least 60% marks or equivalent grade/ grade point in the recent final examination. There will be 5% relaxation for SC/ST.
- Scholarship process consists of two levels: Philately written Quiz & Philately Project.
- Scholarship will be provided to students who satisfy eligibility conditions and are finally selected.
- Rs.6000/- scholarship per annum to selected candidates.
- Last date of submission of application is 08.09.2023.